Wednesday 14 December 2016

CHRISTMAS THINGS TO DO // THEATRE TRIPS


Having recently been to the theatre myself, it made me realise:
(a) I really should go more
and (b) I should do a post about what I would love to see.

Here goes:
Classics:

Phantom of the Opera (London),
Les Miserables (London),
Wicked (London),

These are what I would term the "classic" shows that people have seen and always mention to see.
I have seen them all and would totally agree, but I think Les Miserables has to be my favourite.  The music from it just gets me every single time.

Contemporary:

Matilda the Musical (London),
Aladdin (London),

These are more "modern" musicals or plays.  The Harry Potter one is a must as an avid Harry Potter fan.  I have heard amazing things about the Matlida musical and I would be letting my girls down if I didn't mention Aladdin.  

Young child friendly:

What the Ladybird heard (Birmingham & London),
We're going on a Bear Hunt Live (Norwich & London)
Room on a Broom (National tour)

All of these are best on popular children's books and are less than an hour long, perfect for introducing little ones to the theatre.  

Other:


These two are just bucket list items in my opinion.  
Seeing ballet is amazing and I have never been lucky enough to see a Royal Ballet performance but definitely want to.  If you can make it down to London most cities have their own ballet.
And the other is because everyone should see a Shakespeare play in my opinion and nowhere does it better than in his hime town of Stratford. 


Do you guys have any recommendations?



My plan is too book some tickets for next year so let me know if there is anything I have to see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment