Saturday 2 July 2016

THE MARBLE COLLECTOR // CECELIA AHERN

I seem top go in phases with reading.  There are times when I cannot stop reading, cramming it into every spare moment, and then there are times when I cannot concentrate for the life of me on anything I am reading, meaning I have to re-read the first chapter a million times.

I was in the latter scenario but really wanted to break this funk, luckily for me my Mum passed me The Marble Collector by Cecelia Ahern.


This is a story about a father and a daughter and how a marble collection causes the revelation of a lifelong secret. 

It is really easy to read and jumps between the perspectives of the father and the daughter. It highlights how memories can bring things together and how assumptions can be so wrong. 

This book was just what I needed to read as it wasn't hard going but quite light and harmless, leaving me a resonating thought that over time things change and are not always what they seem: there is always time to make changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment