Sunday 21 August 2016

OXFORD // THE GRAND CAFE


I haven't been in Oxford for a long time until recently.  I met up with a friend and don't you love it when you can just pick it up where you left off: that is the sign of true friendship to me.  

Another sign of true friendship is knowing my love of cream teas and taking me to a place that is well known for them.

The Grand Cafe is apparently the oldest coffee house in England, and was started on the spot is still is in 1650.  It is an Oxford institution and somewhere to definitely tick off if you are ever in the city.

I loved it for its old school glamour with it large mirrors.  And our little table, hidden away in the corner, made me feel like I was in some sort of Agatha Christie novel.  

I loved it.  Of course I did, I got to eat scones and drink tea with someone who I can talk about anything too.  

Sadly The Grand Cafe closed so we had to meander our way throughout the quaint streets until we found a bar and started on the cocktails.  It was a good night.  I think I will have to visit Oxford again soon.  



No comments:

Post a Comment