Tuesday 9 August 2016

HAPPY LIST # 3


After escaping to a place where: the sun always shines; there is wine on tap; and all your troubles seem so far away (is there a sing in there somewhere); I thought it was time for a happy list to lift me out of my post holiday blues.

So here we go.

Things that have made me happy lately:

(1) A glass of cold wine while sitting on a balcony overlooking the sea.  Heaven.

(2)  Ava saying that she had "the best holiday ever".  That made my heart swell with pride and happiness.  Think the holiday was a total success then.

(3)  My reactions to things and my inner strength.  Damn it I am proud of myself.  I laid so many ghosts to rest.  It started in Malta and for me it ended in Malta.  Here is to moving forward.

(4)  Exploring new places.

(5)  I had a little trip to Oxford recently (more on the blog soon) but I loved it and can't wait to go back and explore it a little more.

(6)   Spontaneous mini breaks away.  It makes me so happy to have something to look forward to.

(7) That first cup of tea when you get back home.  There is nothing quite like it.  No-one does tea like we do here.

(8)  Ice-cream cones with my little ones.  And F.Y.I. chocolate, pistachio and coffee is a great combination of flavours and has now become my all time favourite ever.

(9) When you have finished your post holiday laundry.  That deserves a happy dance in my opinion.

(10) Just writing things down.  I find it so cathartic and it really helps me accept and move on.  And there is just something so satisfying about writing with an ink pen.  

What has made you happy recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment