Tuesday 1 November 2016

ANOTHER SATURDAY, ANOTHER AFTERNOON TEA //THE RITZ, LONDON


The girls got me an voucher for a champagne afternoon tea last Christmas and I thought it was about time I put it to good use.  So while the girls were away I booked in and off we went.

I love afternoon tea.  I think it is something about the tradition and how it harks back to a more decadent age where there was time to sit down regularly and eat little sandwiches, scones loaded with fresh cream and jam, and dainty little cakes.  

For me The Ritz is the place to go for the full experience.  There is nowhere quite like it and nothing matches up to it in terms of setting, ambience and just general special-ness.

It comes as no surprise that I loved it and need to think about booking in again as I definitely will be going back.

Then we spent the rest of the day in London.  


Having lived in London I do really miss it sometimes and there is that homesickness feeling that sometimes rears its not pretty head.  But then again the reality of London life is far from the rose tinted memories that come to mind when I think of London.  So now I think I have the best of both worlds.

I can easily jump on the train for the day and catch up with friends and enjoy all the fun stuff to do in London but then I can leave the unbelievably high house prices, terrible commuter trains and all that jazz behind as I travel back up to the Midlands.  

I get to enjoy the best parts which is all the highlights rather than the drudgery which is not the London that is sold in the movies.


Talking of highlight reel things, if you are down in London before Christmas head to the Liberty Christmas shop.  It is full of amazing decorations and is perfect for a Christmas nut like me.  Some of the decorations are absolutely beautiful and the detail on them is beyond.

Which then gives you an excuse to mosey around the rest of Liberty which I haven't done in a  long time.  I love Liberty so much and the range of designers they have in there.  But a word of warning if you have a pram don't bother the lifts are a nightmare.  

I then might have gone on to purchase some beautiful boots which will hopefully be featuring in a blog post soon.

Hope you are all having a lovely week

L xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment